a French classic, this jewel crown of vegetables,
fondly popularized again by a chef of a rat no less.
Sweet and Sour with the passata, and freshened with basil,
serve this with a mild pilaf, and your meal is complete.
Jamie Oliver’s recipe is easy and quick. Find it HERE
My Twists to the Ratatouille:
- 1 tbsp of barbecue sauce
- 1/2 tsp light soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp Veg. Fish Sauce [I don’t know how the actual fish sauce tastes or smells. Skip it if in doubt]
- 1/2 tsp lime juice
- 1 1/2 tbsp jaggery
- 1 tsp lightly roasted cumin seeds and then ground
- 1 tsp lightly roasted caraway seeds (also called shahi jeera, black jeera) and then ground
- 1 tbsp lightly roasted coriander seeds and then ground.
- 3 garlic cloves
- 5 dried red chillies soaked in warm water for 20 minutes or so.
- 3 fresh red chillies[ or you could add 5 more dry red chillies]
- Salt to taste
Grind all the above to make a smooth paste using a little Olive Oil if required.